People with fibro experience brain fog and fatigue and to be honest, it makes me feel like I am a zombie sometimes.
I can be walking down a hallway and close my eyes some of the time from the exhaustion that envelops me. I know that it is dangerous, but there are times that I don't have an option. The same thing goes when I am sitting at a desk or in any familiar area. It just seems like I go through the day like a zombie.
There are times when I go from place to place and don't even recall the journey there. It's as if I was in a fog and then suddenly arrived without any recollection of where I've been. As strange as that sounds, that is EXACTLY what it is like.
It's a scary feeling and one that I have to control so that I do not nod off all together, but it is very difficult to deal with.
Coping Techniques include:
- Getting a good FULL night's sleep the day before
- Not overdoing it during the course of the day
- Giving yourself a chance to rest in between big tasks during the day
- Shortening/modifying your work schedule (if you can)
- Do what you can on your "good" days
- Plan your days with the most stressful tasks in the morning if you can
- Remember humor. It helps to be able to laugh at the situation.
So, today, I am foggy and walking around barely making my way, but I'll get there.