Today started out pretty hectic as it was picture day for the kids. I realized that when I was in the shower. I had to hurry up and get out to help get them "properly presented" for school.
Anyway, the night was rough. I can remember waking up about 4 times during the course of the night. As is usual,
I've been doing some thinking about Fibromyalgia. There are a lot of inconsistencies with what I hear from others. Yes, I have chronic pain. Sometimes it's sharp; sometimes burning. Sometimes parts of my body just feel numb or tired. From what I've heard, FM isn't progressive, yet I'm not feeling in pain to the point where I can't function. Is this something that will happen down the road? Will I get other symptoms? How manageable is this? What if this ISN'T FM? If it's not, what the heck could it be?
I've seen sites that say that the symptoms are manageable and that life progresses normally. I've seen sites where people are bedridden for days or weeks and can't manage to dress themselves. I guess that there is a wide range of... what's the word that I'm looking for?... severity?
I have mixed feelings about going to see the doctor tomorrow. I'm anxious to go and find out what he can tell me. Yet, I dread going and having him say that "Oh, it's your weight" or something like that. I also hope that I won't be subjected to numerous office visits with various specialists. I know that it sounds like I want "fast food" medicine". In a way I do. I want to go to the doctor, have him say, "Oh, you've got X", give me a prescription, "yes, I'd like fries with that", and I'm on my way.
Sigh... I guess I have to wait.
Pain at various parts of the day:
- Left shoulder - This ALWAYS seems to hurt
- Left forearm & elbow
- Left shoulder - burning
- Right foot
- Left thigh - burning
- Headache - front/over right eye
- Left fingers
- Right elbow
- Right fingers
- Right wrist
- Right forearm
These all happened simultaneously, while I was sitting down doing NOTHING, well, OK, I was working on the computer, but still.
- Left arm - total
- Right & left elbow
- Right & left shoulders
- Top of back
- Right & left legs from the thighs down
Maybe I'm focusing too much on my pain, but I've decided that I wanted to track it as much as I can, so, what the hey...
I've also decided to document my symptoms based upon the physician's side symptoms list,
known as "Devin's Diagnostic". These are symptoms aside from the general all-over aches and pains.
- "Traveling" nocturnal sinus stuffiness
- Post nasal drip
- Headaches/migraines - Sometimes in the front, other times, they "wrap around" my head.
- Light and/or broken sleep pattern with unrefreshing sleep - Does waking up 6x a night count?
- Sweats - These usually during the night.
- Morning stiffness
- Weight gain
- Ringing in ears - I'm lumping in hearing lights, and high-pitches with this, and yes, occasionally, just a solid high-pitch.
- Irregular heartbeat - I feel this as an unusual pause in the normal rhythm of the heart.
- Carbohydrate/chocolate cravings
- Sensitivity to light - This pertains mainly to my eyes.
- Urinary frequency - This varies. Sometimes it's 2x a day, other times, I can "go" every 15 minutes.
- Muscle twitching (face) - Usually manifests around my left eye or left side of my mouth.
- Numbness and tingling
- Trouble concentrating
- "Fugue"-type states (staring into space before brain can function)
- Restless leg syndrome