Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Update - Dizziness, Lightheadedness and Headache

It's been a little bit since my last update. It seems that everytime that I feel better, I don't for a little bit. It's not that I've been feeling too great, but I things have been hectic around the house lately.

Anyway, since my followup neurologist visit two weeks ago, he weaned me off of the Amitriptyline completely and increased my Verapamil to 360mg. I wa fine for the first few days and then last Tuesday, I experienced a spell of dizziness, lightheadedness and a headache at 4:00PM.

I didn't think too much about it and went home, took some Meclizine and a Fioicet and laid down for a bit.

Yesterday, I had another incident of dizziness and lightheadedness with headache at 1:15PM. I called my neurologist to tell him and to see if I was having a reaction to withdrawing from the Amitriptyline or from an increase in the verapamil. He called me back and said that it wasn't and that he wanted me to keep track of what was going on, including monitoring my blood pressure and to let him know if I am still experiencing these effects on Monday.

All three lasted until I fell asleep last night.

This morning, I had another occurrence at 8:30AM. I've been the same all day. Tonight my wife took my blood pressure and it was 120/96, so no low or high blood pressure.... hmm...

Well, I guess that's about it for now.

No comments: