Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Round 2

September 16, 2003

The doctor's office called my house at noon today to let me know that my test results came back. My wife called me and I called them back. The blood work turned up normal. The nurse(?) then said that she would talk to the doctor to see what he wanted to try next.

She called back and said that the doctor wanted me to take prednizone for a week.

The most commonly encountered side effects are:

  • Sodium retention
  • Increased appetite
  • Increased fat deposits
  • Increased acid in your stomach
  • Increased sweating, especially at night
  • Increased hair growth
  • Acne on the face, back, and chest
  • Bone and muscle problems
  • Growth problems in children
  • Eye problems
  • Increased sugar in the blood
  • Increased sensitivity to the sun
  • Delayed wound healing
  • Decreased ability to fight infection
  • Thrush (Candida) growth in the mouth

No comments: